Himmat offers schools alternative provision for young people in a friendly and safe environment which aims to build positive and trusted relationships, build young peoples social skills and increase a sense of wellbeing. We offer individually tailored and differentiated learning plans for all our students. These include Functional Skills maths, English and ICT which run alongside students’ vocational choices.
Working in-school or off-site to support your curriculum, our programmes and services will:
- re-engage young people at risk of low attendance or social exclusion
- prepare for the transition from to post-16 education, including accessing our dedicated NEET worker for those at risk of becoming not in employment, education or training
- improve academic attainment, behaviour, self-confidence and self-esteem
- set clear goals and outcomes
- develop functional and other skills for entry into employment
- supplement your current PSHE programme, including drugs awareness, alcohol awareness, sexual health, gangs and crime, whilst having access to our Triple R programme focusing on Respect, Rights and Responsibilities
- make school participation inclusive.